The heart of our county
Set in the beautiful Renfrewshire countryside, South Newton is Girlguiding Renfrewshire’s camp and training centre. This is a safe and peaceful site for youth group training and activity holidays. Hire is available to Girlguiding units, other charities and like minded groups for day visits, overnights, weekends or longer self-catering courses and holiday camps.
The self-catering accommodation consisting of two houses of 22 or 30 bunks, a 6 bed bothy and two fully equipped camping fields all with modern plumbed toilets and showers. You can book one unit or the whole site.
South Newton’s two large campsites are available fully equipped or you can bring your own canvas. There are toilet blocks for each site with hot water and showers.
- Sleeps 30
- Wheelchair accessible
- Dining room/activity room
- Catering kitchen
- Patrol sized dorms
- Access to fields and campfire circle
- Free access to self led activities and games
- Free wifi and phone calls
- Two large campsites
- COVID Secure day visits
- Toilets with hot and cold water
- Indoor and outdoor cooking equipment available
- Wet weather shelters with fridge, freezer, and cooker
- Tents provided if required
- Gas or traditional wood cooking
- Free self-led activities and games
Friends of South Newton
By becoming a Friend of South Newton you can help support our county camp & training centre and keep in touch with old friends at our annual meeting and from our newsletters.
Subscription is only £5 per annum.